Setting up the Sentri device is incredibly easy and can be done in a few minutes with no extra tools needed. Simply follow these three easy steps:
1. Plug Sentri in and have your home’s Wi-Fi network and password ready, or plug in your Ethernet cable.
2. Follow-on screen instructions and enjoy!
3. Once your Sentri is set up, know what's happening when you're away from home by downloading the Sentri mobile app, custom-built for iOS and Android.
We designed the set up process to be as simple as possible -- but know that you may still have questions. Here are some questions we've received so far! We'll continue to grow this list over time ...
1) My Sentri can't find my WiFi
Sentri does not support hidden SSIDs -- double-check to make sure your network / SSID is discoverable and try again.
2) My Sentri can connect to WiFi, but I can't seem to complete the registration process
Try connecting by an Ethernet cable -- if you don't have one handy, try resetting your router (turn it off and then back on) and try connecting with Sentri again. If the problem persists, please file a ticket with us here, and include your router/access point brand and model, and the frequency your network runs on (e.g., 2.4 or 5 GhZ). Please note that Sentri works best with 2.4 GhZ networks.